Thursday, January 10, 2008

snowboarding in tahoe



just about killed me. at one point, i saw my life pass before me as a 6 yr old went shooting by me on the bunny slope. nothing screams that i am disgustingly out of shape more than being beaten down a run by little kids. in spite of my face plants, shaky legs, and extreme exhaustion, it was ridiculously fun. 
tahoe is spectacular. the chef and i visited the day before the most recent storm and it was a perfect winter wonderland, snow covered and blue skies. i hadn't seen heavy snow in some time and it made me long for thick wool blankets, hot cocoa, overstuffed leather sofas, and a roaring fire surrounded by a river rock mantle. nothing is more cozy than leather, stone and wood by fire light... especially after having your ass handed to you by the mountain and a rental board. 
next time i'll stay safe and lounge here

Photobucket
photo courtesy of Cedar House Sport Hotel

No comments: